Friday, June 21, 2013

6 Month Dr Appointment

Today Adelaide had her 6 month Dr apt!  She did great as usual and weighed in at 16.6 lbs and was 25 in. long.  Her Dr did say that he expected more growth length wise (grew 1/2 in) but chalked it up to either an over measurement last apt or under measurement this apt.  He certainly wasn't worried though.  She still has a big head at 43 cm but she is starting to catch up with it! :)

Dr Young always makes me feel great about my decision to breastfeed.  He is a huge advocate for it and always commends me for sticking with it.  He always refers to it as a "gift".  Today he told me that I was preparing her for better health when she is 85 by giving her boobie milk as we call it in the Perez household!  Apparently it will give her strong gut for life and help her in her old age!  Who knew!  I'm so glad that we have such a supportive system at Piedmont Pediatrics.  When Adelaide was only a couple months old she had horrible gas problems.  HORRIBLE!  I called them and they brought me straight in so I could see a Dr.  We couldn't see Dr Young that day but the part time Dr who sees sick patients was able to fit us in.  She sat with me for over an hour and talked with me...and in the end gave me several hugs and simply told me it would get better, we were doing great and to hang in there.  An hour she sat with me and encouraged me and told me about Peaceful Beginnings downtown Greensboro.  An hour!  She called a week later to check in on us!  So...needless to say we love Piedmont Peds!  LOVE!  Her Dr is retiring though so this was our last apt with him...super sad about that but his wife wants to move to the beach with or without him.  Haha!  We are praying that the new Dr is super awesome as well!  Until next time...

Apparently her Dr's office keeps popcorn buckets around for any projectile liquid!  Of course her Daddy thinks it's a good hat!  Who wouldn't?!

Sacked out in the car after shots...mouth wide open and drool coming out!  So cute!

1 comment:

  1. breastfeeding is one of the best thing you can give to your kids. So happy that more doctors are encouraging moms to do it! your baby looks so adorable!

    Sanus TV Mount Giveaway
    No Bake Cake Pops Giveaway

    ReplyDelete